The best seven out of eight placings in the series will count in the final tally (drop the race with the fewest points). Riders must race in at least 3 races for the overall series. Series prizes will be awarded at the series end party.
Points are awarded 18 deep in each race. Points schedule is – 26,20,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1. Reminder: only 7 races count.
Ties will be broken by OBRA’s standard omnium tie-breaking rules (OBRA Rules).
In case of a tie on total points, the tie will be broken in favor of the rider who has:
- The most first place finishes or, if still tied, the most second place finishes, etc., or if still tied;
- The highest placing in the last race, or the race nearest the last race of the omnium in which at least one of the tied riders placed.
After the battles of the day are ended, the top 10 warriors across all categories, from each OBRA Sanctioned team (teams that have paid their annual dues to OBRA, listed here) will be tallied and assigned points.
The team with the lowest points for the series will be declared the victor
Teams with fewer than 10 warriors fielded in the battles of the day will be awarded 100 points per absentee warrior up to the total of 10 warriors. Warriors who place 100 or above in any category will be awarded 100 points.
For example, if your team’s top placings are: 5 (Cat 1/2 M), 8 (Cat 1/2 W), 34 (Cat 2/3 W), 42 (Cat 2/3 W), 22 (Clydesdales), 15 (Masters Men 50+), 85 (SingleSpeed), and 102 (Cat 5 Men) and you did not field a ninth or tenth warrior in any category, your team would be awarded 511 points.
The victorious team will be awarded the River City Bicycles Cyclocross Crusade Team Trophy.
Most bikes are legal – Mountain bikes, ‘cross, cruisers, clunkers, etc. But take heed: courses will favor those on ‘cross bikes – so choose your weapon wisely! Please no fixed gears or bikes with bullhorns or bar ends.
- All Categories are based off of OBRA Cyclocross category rules
- OBRA will honor all USA Cycling cyclocross category upgrades
- Clydesdale = 200+ lbs
- Athena = 160+ lbs women
- Singlespeed = A single speed bicycle is defined as a bicycle with no functional means of altering its gear ratio during the competition.
- Junior = Rider between the age of 9 and 18 on December 31st of the current year.
Membership & Licenses
OBRA membership required for all riders. Single race memberships are available onsite for $5.00. Season OBRA memberships are available online
All series passes must be purchases at or before race #1.
Adults – $30.00 pre-reg; $35.00 Day of; $210 Series pass
Juniors – $10.00 pre-reg; $15.00 Day of; $80 Series pass
All racers who purchase a series pass online prior to the first race will receive a limited edition pre-reg only Cyclocross Crusade t-shirt.
Register for the series online. You can find online registration links on the individual race flyers and on the schedule.
Day-of-event registration will be available at each race venue. Save time by printing out a waiver (PDF) and completing it at home.
- If you register onsite for a race or if you preregister and start a race, there is no refund available. Mechanical problems, missed starts, forgotten numbers, pre-race or in-race crashes, illness or lack of fitness, weather or even course conditions such as MUD, are not valid reasons for refunds. Under these circumstances, No Refunds Are Available, with No Exceptions.
- If you purchased a season pass, get injured and are unable to finish the series, we will charge you for the races in which you participated, and refund your fees for the remaining races.
- If you pre-register for a race and are unable to start that race due to a legitimate injury and you advise us in advance of the race, we will credit your entry fee for the next race, during the same race season. After the end of the race season, we will not refund race entry and will not carry credits over for the next season.
After the first weekend, callups will be based on series standings
The first weekend’s callups will be based on the following order
- Top 3 from the last year’s OBRA Cyclocross Championship (will be called up for each race in the series)
- Top 10 from the last year’s final River City Bicycle’s Cyclocross Crusade series standings
- Top 3 from this year’s series overall results for the following series
- Blind Date at the Dairy
- MBSEF Thrilla Series
- Twilight Cross Series
- Brewhaus Cross Series
- Top 3 from this year’s results for the following weekend races
- Corn Cross 1
- Battle at Barlow
* Masters 40+ results in other races/series will be applied to Masters 35+ Cyclocross Crusade callups
** Race callups and callup procedures may be modified at anytime at the promoter’s discretion without notice