Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Smack Talk Central
 Cross Crusade Forums : Smack Talk Central
Subject Topic: A USGP poem for the "New Belgians" Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
muddycurmudgeon

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 27 November 2007 at 17:44 | IP Logged Quote muddycurmudgeon

Rain and East Wind this mornin’

Was cold like the North Sea blowin’

Rode through bogs of mud

And also on my run

I bet those dry-boned East Coasters

Won’t think it’s so fun.

I’ll still cheer them on

Instead of spraying beer

Like what happened to Adam Craig

Who bitched and moaned.

rosey

Posted: 27 November 2007 at 20:54 | IP Logged Quote rosey

we look forward to taking part in your muddy west coast fun.  i don't quite understand why you have such a negative spirit but maybe we will understand a little better after we hang around you.  or maybe you are just one of those surly people who can't help themselves.
Back to Top View rosey's Profile Search for other posts by rosey

oteebee

Posted: 27 November 2007 at 21:07 | IP Logged Quote oteebee

Rosey, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

we are all totally excited about the weekend and can't wait for you all to show up and help make it happen !!!

Muddy, jesus dude, what, did you start drinking again ? that was  the biggest heap of sterno fueled logorrhea that I've ever heard, now stop , you're scaring the ladies.................

Back to Top View oteebee's Profile Search for other posts by oteebee

muddycurmudgeon

Posted: 27 November 2007 at 23:45 | IP Logged Quote muddycurmudgeon

I appreciate the backhand OTB, I needed that.  I went to that HUB group like I was walkin into a bar thinkin I'd hear some Skynard but all they're playin is the Village People.

oteebee

Posted: 27 November 2007 at 23:58 | IP Logged Quote oteebee

No worries Muddy, no malice intended, just jokes!   I do love that " YMCA " though.  later, OTB.

zank

Posted: 28 November 2007 at 17:11 | IP Logged Quote zank

muddy, having hosted quite a few northwest road, mtb and cross racers over the past 15 years, I am glad I know that the great majority don't share your sentiment. Having heard and read all of the stories over the years about how cool and inviting the PNW cross scene is, I fail to understand how you fit in.
Back to Top View zank's Profile Search for other posts by zank Visit zank's Homepage

bhoyer

Posted: 28 November 2007 at 21:43 | IP Logged Quote bhoyer

zank wrote:
I fail to understand how you fit in.

Dudes, didn't you read the line about cheering you guys on? Isn't is true that things have been on the, ahem, dry side out on your side of the country lately? Doesn't the title of this forum have the phrase, "smack talk" in it?

You guys sure are touchy.

Even I have to roll my eyes at the whole "New Belgium" thing. Portland, OR, with a metro area population of 2.3 million, can turn out 700 to 1,000 racers for seven races a season. The crowds at the district championships/SS worlds (unofficial) rivaled those found at nationals. Portland is, simply put, the center of the proletarian cross universe.

And good luck out here this weekend. I saw Terry in the kit. Looked good. I was confused at first since he was in the B race -- which is also the SS race. I thought maybe you were out a whole week in advance or something. But it was just TK wearing the colors on his non-Zank SS.
Back to Top View bhoyer's Profile Search for other posts by bhoyer

coylifut

Posted: 29 November 2007 at 11:02 | IP Logged Quote coylifut

You just had to drag me into this didn’t you?  Dam right the kit looks good!

Gotta say, this is the first time I remember a smack talk poem.  There were those riddles Witty used to pen, but Muddy’s a real Samuel Langhorne Clemens.  Where does Muddy fit in?  In a town that coined the phrase “keep Portland Weird,” he fits in nicely positioned in a trailer park nestled just outside of Wood Village.

When you’re not the target of his BS, there’s a lot to be learned.  For one, I didn’t know you could mount aero bars on a mountain bike nor did it ever occur to me that you could fund your whole CX season by picking up cans while pulling a trailer.

Listen up folks; we gotta real cowboy poet on our hands.  Don’t run him off.  Besides, who’s going to mentor SS-Dom.?
Back to Top View coylifut's Profile Search for other posts by coylifut

muddycurmudgeon

Posted: 29 November 2007 at 11:07 | IP Logged Quote muddycurmudgeon

Zancanato - is that Flemish or Walloon? I'm lookin on a map but don't see the boot shaped part of Belgium.

bhoyer

Posted: 29 November 2007 at 12:20 | IP Logged Quote bhoyer

coylifut wrote:
Dam right the kit looks good!

Certainly better than the <cough> zebra stripes.
Back to Top View bhoyer's Profile Search for other posts by bhoyer

dude

Posted: 29 November 2007 at 12:54 | IP Logged Quote dude

Muddy won't run off, this consumes his life.  The message board is his new found medium allowing him to spew his sub par wit and get the sense of self satisfaction needed.

The can thing is hilarious. Do you think he takes the aerobars off? I would think keep them on for a better visual in sniffing out the cans (or bottles). Bar ends off or on? 

Muddy...What is your technique? Dismount to grab the can?  Do you pull the right leg through or are you new skool? Or are you PRO and grab the can on the bike with a toss over the shoulder? What about glass bottles do you find the weight differentiation has helped in your training?

Back to Top View dude's Profile Search for other posts by dude

muddycurmudgeon

Posted: 29 November 2007 at 13:09 | IP Logged Quote muddycurmudgeon

I leave the aerobars on the mtn bike all the time. It has a kid trailer hooked up for the days I pick up cans. I have my motobecane for cross and a newer Fuji I got at Performance at mall 205 -across from hooters. I know you all think it's funny but seriously, it's covered entry fees and some gas $ too. No bar ends. I fixed the trailer up with tarp and ducttape to not leak can juice all over. I keep a floor pump with me too and have helped a few roadies out who are under the mistaken impression that a mini-pump is cool. I tell ya, since starting cross and spending way to much time on the internet more bro's have given me the nod or the wave on the springwater. It used to be that all these snotty jackholes on ti serottas and such would say stupid $hit then flat and choke on thier words when I busted out my 30-yr old Silca floor pump. Tools. I just get off the bike, use my bbq tongs  to get the cans and get back on the bike. I have all friggin day, why pull a hami for a Dr. Pepper? IT started with glass because I needed to conquer the bottle. I neede to not be afraid that I'd sneak one so I practiced on empties of wild turkey by dumping them out instead of making a homeless martini. THen I was standin tehre with an empty and I couldnt bear to toss it back into the bushes.

I'm workin on my flag for the race. If I can figure out how to post a picture I'll put it up on my blog. Only 2 more days till VH!

coylifut

Posted: 29 November 2007 at 14:23 | IP Logged Quote coylifut

bhoyer wrote:
coylifut wrote:
Dam right the kit looks good!

Certainly better than the <cough> zebra stripes.

yeah, all the guys were making fun of me while their wives were slipping me their cell numbers.  Rod Stewart may be ugly, but he does get some top flight stuff.

Back to Top View coylifut's Profile Search for other posts by coylifut

muddycurmudgeon

Posted: 29 November 2007 at 15:05 | IP Logged Quote muddycurmudgeon

Rod Stewart - Puulease. Coylspring, I bet your the dude who had to get his wife all hyped up to see Billy Joel, then sang Piano Man at the top of your lungs as if everyone paid to hear you sing it not Billy.  In fact, I bet you like Chicago so much you bought the Peter Setera/Amy Grant album.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version