Series Race #1
October 6, 2013
Please no alcohol of any kind on the Alpenrose campus!
Daily Race Schedule
|8:40am ||Beginners, Unicycles* ||40 min
|9:30am ||Category C, Clydesdale ||45 min
|10:25am ||Break/course preview ||10 min
|10:35am ||Masters Category C 35+ ||45 min
|11:30am ||Masters B 35+, Masters 50+, Masters 60+ ||45 min
|12:20pm ||All Juniors: Men, Women** ||30 min
|1:00pm ||Break/course preview ||10 min
|1:15pm ||Category A Men, Category A Women, Masters Category A 35+ ||60 min
|2:20pm ||Women: Cat B, Cat C, Beginners, Masters 35+ A, B, 45+ ||45 min
|3:15pm ||Category B and Single Speed ||45 min
*One lap only, starting after the Beginners
**Juniors are racers with a racing age of 10-18.
has changed this year - events all day! Don't worry, though, they will still be fun, non-competitive events for kids 10 and under sponsored by Speedvagen Racing Machines
in support of the Bicycle Transportation Alliance's
goal of getting more kids on bikes more often. Get all the details
Check out the course map
! Course changes are always possible.
Category A=OBRA and/or USCF categories 1,2, NORBA Expert (Please note: you may not self-upgrade to Category A)
Category B=OBRA and/or USCF category 3, NORBA Sport
Category C=OBRA and/or USCF categories 4&5, NORBA Beginner (Riders at this level may choose to race Category B.)
Masters= Age 35+ (unless otherwise noted) and ability graded as outlined above.
Singlespeeds=A single-speed bicycle is a type of bicycle with a single gear ratio.
These bicycles are without derailleur gears, hub gearing or other
methods for varying the gear ratio of the bicycle. Locked out geared
bikes (including electronic shifters without a battery)
are not sufficient to qualify as single speed bikes.
Promoter and/or officials reserves the right to change your category. No sandbagging will be tolerated!
For Category A Men and Category A Women: $500, 5 deep prize list per race. 1st, $200, 2nd $150, 3rd $75, 4th $50, 5th $25.
$30.00 Category A Men, Category A Women ($230 series)
$10.00 Juniors ($80 series)
$5.00 Unicycles ($45 series)
$25.00 all other categories ($195 series)
You can register for the series online
or register for the October 6 race online
before 9pm on October 4.
Racers may also preregister by sending a completed OBRA waiver (PDF) and check payable to "Club Vivo" to:
7025 SW 7th Ave
Portland, OR 97219
MUST be received no later than Thursday before the event. If it is not received by Thursday, you will have to pay at the event and will be refunded at the next event.
If you pre-register and you already have your Cross Crusade number, you can sign in a "self-service" line. If you need a number, there will be a separate line for pre-registered riders to pick-up numbers.
If you prefer to wait, day-of-event registration will be available at each race venue. Save time by printing out a waiver (PDF) and completing it at home.
Special Alpenrose-only Registration notes!
- If you registered online or mailed in a registration AND have a Cross number from David Douglas, Double Cross, Barlow, or Canby then you can go directly to the start of your race without checking in at registration. For the rest of the Crusade races we ask you to sign in but at Alpenrose you don't need to.
- If you registered online or mailed in a registration BUT don't have a Cross number yet, you can pick up a number on race day starting at 7:30 am. **Sorry, no Saturday number pick-up.**
- If you did NOT register online or by mail but have a number make sure to bring it with you. If you forget or lose your number it will cost you $5 to get a new one. You will not be charged for a new number if you upgrade to a new category or are upgraded by OBRA.
- Bring your OBRA license or a receipt for the purchase of a license. If you do not have one of these two documents you will have to buy a one day membership for $5.
- If you are changing categories or are upgraded you must pick up a new number so that you are scored correctly.
- You only have to fill out a waiver once for the Cross Crusade. That one waiver covers all the Cross Crusade events for 2013.
Questions about registration, email: jonemyers(at symbol)yahoo (dot) com
Check out the series rules & prizes
Most bikes are legal – Mountain bikes, 'cross, cruisers, unicycles, etc. But take heed: courses will favor those on 'cross bikes – so choose your weapon wisely! Please no fixed gears or bikes with bullhorns or bar ends.
Code of Conduct
Please use common sense. Please observe posted signs, OBRA rules (672 KB .pdf
) and the Crusader's Code of Conduct
Membership & Licenses
required for all riders. Single race memberships are available for $5.00. Season OBRA memberships are available for $10.00 (plus a small fee) online or $15.00 by mail or day-of-race. Season OBRA memberships are free for juniors.
From I–5 North or South. Take Terwilliger Exit and head North/West on Bertha Blvd. Left on Beaverton–Hillsdale Hwy. Left on Shattuck Rd, up the hill .5 miles, the dairy is on the right. (Or refer to Alpenrose Dairy